cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3.0 reboots approx same time every day

edmondo_88
Joining in

My Hub reboots itself between 00:00 and 01:00 every night.

At the same time as the reboot, the following message appears in network status. 

30/04/2020 00:20:46Warning!TCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

followed by.....

30/04/2020 00:21:16criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**;CMTS-MAC=**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I have hidden MAC. 

Seen some similar posts on here but can't find any with a resolution. Any help greatly appreciated. 

This is my first post.

Thanks

29 REPLIES 29

Hi 

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Many thanks,
Matt

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @mattvmedia 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your first post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your broadband. I have been able to access your account via the forum information given and can see there have been a few minor issues, however it doesn't look like there are any major issues that would be causing these problems you're experiencing. I've sent some signals to your hub that should hopefully help the connection.

Are you able to reboot the hub please and complete a BQM here please? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi, my router has rebooted randomly between midnight & 1am since I got it - I finally had a good look through all the menu options to find out where to change the time (I often am up until 2 or 3am, so would like to set it for 4 or 6am). Came on here in expectation of being told how to do this, not finding that it is not by design!

I do have 4 upstream channels & seemingly no issue there.

I looked for the network log, but I seem to get 2 errors every few minutes to hour, so it does not go back to the last reboot; "RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=..." & "RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=..."

Can anyone advise? I can't have an engineer visit as my wife is COVID vulnerable.

Anyone able to help?

MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta

Have you set up the BQM as asked by Hollie in post 22 ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.

Thanks for the reply, but my issue is more similar to the one in reply 17 - reply 22 was to someone with a different issue.

I posted some more info in the thread https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Lost-MDD-Timeout-RCS-Partial-Service/m-p/...

cmanduchi
Joining in

Hi all,

Same thing is happening to me. Every day at around 1:38am, my hub restarts and takes anywhere between 10 and 20 minutes to come back. A technician has replaced the box, but the problem persists.

Has anyone found a solution?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cmanduchi,

Welcome to our Community Forum and thank you for your first post!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Hub 3 restarting in the middle of the night.

Can you tell us how long this has been going on for?

Usually, we do updates on the system at night for minimal disturbance, but these should only last a few days.

Please keep us updated on this.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Paulina_Z,

This has been happening since I moved in on March 17th - every single day.

Thanks for confirming cmanduchi,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, although the hub looks to be within the specifications we would expect there are a lot of time out errors.

Can you please reboot the hub and set up a BQM and let that run for 24 hours at least, then post the live link here so we can monitor the connection 🙂

Alex_Rm