cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to order a WiFi pod?

MarionT-R
Tuning in

I’ve run speed tests and it confirms that we have a WiFi problem in our office. We’ve had this problem for far too long and it’s now unsustainable. We can’t currently join any online meeting (eg zoom), and maintain any kind of connection. How can I order a WiFi pod/booster? Although Virgin advises me to do this, it’s impossible to see how to do it online. I see others have had the same problem too…

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are a Business (you mention your Office) user this Forum does not support Business contracts, btw.

However, you need to use the VM Connect app to scan the area's and order the Pod's.  Note these are £8pm unless you are a VOLT customer, or on one of the VM top tier contracts.

If you have to pay for the Pods, it would be better to buy your own Wifi solution and you can use this with any ISP in the future.  Examples NETGEAR Wireless Access Point (WAX204) - WiFi 6 Dual-Band AX1800 Speed | 4 x 1G Ethernet Ports | 802...  or  TP-Link TL-WA1201 Access Point Dual Band AC1200, Supports Passive PoE, Supports Access Point, Range ...   The latter does not have any ethernet ports though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MarionT-R,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing WiFi issues in your Office which has deteriorated in time, 

I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see there are some WiFi issues and you may benefit from our WiFi Max.

Depending on your package there may be a monthly fee, I can look into this further for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.