Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Re: SYNC Timing Synchronization failure while in vr

Hello, I'm facing same exact errors in router logs as soon as I got my broadband upgraded to Volt125 from 50mbps and swapped my Hub 3.0 with new Hub 5.0. I don't even use any VR streaming or protocols being mentioned above.  I've tried everything sug...

ravish by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet dying on a daily basis

Hi all,  my internet has been dropping out every few minutes for a week or two now. 4-5 times and hour! An engineer came this week and said it was the modem and replaced it for the newest model (being 5). today we had the luxury of it constantly drop...

Bear1988 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Really poor Broadband - 1GB

So having had 1Gb since Dec 2021, it's never been great, but for the occasions I've managed 50mbps I've tolerated it, it did what I needed. I've had x2 Hub 4's I've had 3 Wi-fi boosters.I work from home full time, so rely on at the very least a conne...

Hub 5 constant disconnections

Upgraded to GIG1 earlier this year, been getting multiple daily disconnections lately. Hub 5 is running in modem mode. Not an issue with my router, seems to be related to the hub or the connection itself.StatusItem Status CommentsAcquired Downstream ...

Resolved! Packet loss in evenings

Hello,I've been having issues intermittently this last week with some severe packet loss in the evenings. We had tried restarting our router as we don't use the wifi for the most part. It has also been occuring most evenings this past week since Wedn...

Broadband packet loss June 2023.png
Aylward by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DNS not working after HUB 6 install

VM replaced my HUB 3 with a HUB 6 and now my host device ( smart TV ) DNS is not being used.UK tv services are no longer accessible.VM disabled IPV6 on the router and advised a power cycle of router / TV etc etc - it still doesn't workI am connected ...

pk1231 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet drops out daily

Hi I have had the 50gb package and Hub3 for just over 12 months and it is inconsistent, drops the connection daily. I had an engineer visit last year, he adjusted the power of signal saying it was too strong and overloaded router. No real improvement...

Resolved! Broadband & WiFi Dropping issues Hub 3

Over the last month or so my broadband connection has been really unreliable.The broadband connection drops (happening at least once a day) then after rebooting the Hub3 takes about 20 mins to reconnect (which it doesn't always do).   I've checked th...

ChrisNight_0-1685106754576.png