cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change my Guest network from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz on the WiFi Hub

xbrewmaker
Joining in

I have the same issue, but using Hub 3.0.  There is no mechanism for me to change it and VM said they can't do it.

This is after a previous agent said the Guest network defaults to 2.4 ghz ... which it does not.    

Waiting to see if the pods will work with a split network.  Got conflicting responses from VM on that.  I need 2.4 ghz extender.   May need to but tplink or netgear instead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

1) There is no option to select the channels of the Guest network for a VM Hub.
2) VMs Wi-Fi pods do not work with a split SSID or with Wireless Optimisation disabled.
3) 2.4Ghz or dual band wireless extenders are available from £30, buy your own dual band wireless extenders if a split SSID is your intention. Dual Band Wi-Fi extenders like the Netgear RE550 support split SSIDs.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

1) There is no option to select the channels of the Guest network for a VM Hub.
2) VMs Wi-Fi pods do not work with a split SSID or with Wireless Optimisation disabled.
3) 2.4Ghz or dual band wireless extenders are available from £30, buy your own dual band wireless extenders if a split SSID is your intention. Dual Band Wi-Fi extenders like the Netgear RE550 support split SSIDs.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @xbrewmaker, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the guest network that's been created.

For advice and assistance on guest networks, feel free to view this link.

In relation to an extender, are you seeking to claim a Wi-Fi pod from Virgin Media, or are you possibly looking at a third party option?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you. Your answer confirms my fears...  VM pod will not work for me with split SSID.  And I can't use the Guest network for 2,4ghz.  Both vm agents were wrong!

Therefore, i need to buy my own replacement router or fet an extender.