cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell if my virgin pod is working as my blackspot is still there?

Bommas123
Joining in

does my hub need reconfigured?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bommas123 wrote:

No.  But in case the Pod has not be paired to your Hub, call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Also note the Pod should not be sited in the blackspot, but halfway between the Hub and the blackspot.  If the Pod is in the blackspot, it will not get the signal from the Hub and will not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bommas123 wrote:

No.  But in case the Pod has not be paired to your Hub, call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Also note the Pod should not be sited in the blackspot, but halfway between the Hub and the blackspot.  If the Pod is in the blackspot, it will not get the signal from the Hub and will not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I will try tomorrow, thank you 

Hi Bommas123, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your WiFi pod. To ensure it is connected and working as it should be, follow the steps here

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

nothing came up on the link you sent;

I still have a blackspot, the pop is plugged into my bedroom, this has a great signal via the VM app the next bedroom 2m away the app states it is not connected to the hub.

I have called the activation line and they optmized the hub, still nothing…

regards Bommas 123

Hello @Bommas123

This is the full link - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/set-up-intelligent-wifi - have you managed to get the Pod set up?

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sorry John, tried everything on the link before to no avail, will keep trying 🥴

Hi @Bommas123,

I am really sorry to hear that the issues with the Wi-Fi Pod is ongoing. Would you mind clarifying and confirming what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've performed thus far? We're here to help.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

1st - set up in the same room for 24hrs then moved it to my bedroom which has a good signal.

checked the bedroom with the blackspot and it still has the blackspot 

moved to another bedroom with a good signal, checked the blackspot and it is still there

All were left for 24hrs before checking, the distance between the good spot and bad is about 3m.

I have also phoned the activation department to enquire if they needed to apply any new software, they optimised the hub3 but still nothing 

Hello @Bommas123

Thanks for coming back to us. Did you follow the link I sent you about the Intelligent WiFi setup? Here is it again 🙂 - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/intelligent-wifi -

let us know if so and not resolved, we can order you another one.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill