cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible latency spikes unusable internet - I'm at my wits end with this company

Azimkar
Tuning in

Azimkar_0-1714085004804.png

Azimkar_1-1714085054600.png

Azimkar_2-1714085086520.png

Days and days of constant spikes - paying £67 for a non-fibre connection and Customer services is so frustrating to talk to I gave up. How hard is it to get an engineer booked. 

Any mods that can DM me to book an engineer visit?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What issues is this causing on your connections?  And, are they evident on both ethernet cable and wifi ones ? Lets see the full data set...first post the link to the BQM "share my live graph" on here and then do this..

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. No need to log in - just click on the “Router Status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4/5) or top/right (SH’s) - of the Login page.
Then… Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Go to https://bidb.uk and have a look on their checker for alternatives. You've been complaining about latency on and off for 2 years and with no entitlement to XGSPON even though all the lines have apparently been upgraded looking elsewhere seems a plan.

If nothing besides FTTC available drop the VM down from Gig1, get a cheap FTTC product and use that for gaming and the VM for downloading.

FWIW it looks as though there's often high usage in your area with occasional very high bursts of usage either on your connection or someone nearby. Potentially a torrent fiend on Gig1 mullering the area. 

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Just as an addendum the worst of that looks like very high usage on your connection, where there are flat peaks. Could I guess be someone else hogging all the capacity.

Between DoCSIS 3.1 jitter, bursts of usage on your connection and bursts of usage elsewhere in the area not fun to game on. 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Azimkar

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some latency issues with your broadband connection.

I've had a look at your network logs and stats from this end and everything looks perfect. All your downstream and upstream channels are in spec. We can see there's been a few disconnections over the past week, however from the past few days there's been no disconnections.

How's things been since Thursday? Have you had any further issues? If so, do you perhaps have the live link to your BQM graph for us?

Thanks,

Beth