cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet dropouts for 18months!

lozcom2000
Joining in

at my wits end folks so i need some advice before i decide to bin virgin once and for all.

for 18 months now we have experienced internet dropouts on our router, done all the usual, rebooted router 100s of times, wif boosters, 2 new hub 3s, new cable from inside the house right to the virgin cab on the street, all new connections all the way through,all connections tight and STILL they cannot solve the problem. we have 250mbs when it works but most of the time it doesnt. its virtually unusable now, even the tv box is now playing up as it cannot connect to the router via ethernet.  so march this year(2024) we had a total of 1390 dropouts! how can that be right! even the last technician (1 of 6 that have visited) cannot get to the bottom of it. any help would be really appreciated as our contract expires soon and we would like to stay with virgin but not with a terrible service like this.

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Set up a free BQM monitor and follow the instructions to post a live link here. It will show what is happening when you lose the connection. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

lozcom2000
Joining in

For over a year our broadband has been dropping intermittently and VM have told us that its been up to 1300 times last month (and it was only the 21st when they told us).

We have had numerous engineers around and everything has been replaced including the cabling to the box in the street but the problem continues and now the TV has also started to be effected.  An engineer at one point told us that they knew what the issue was and that it was on the network.

VM have told us that they have a problem but no ones follows up with us when something is replaced and doesn't work so every time we have to start again with the call centre - if we have to reboot our hub one more time I swear I'll explode, the things they tell us are ridiculous.

We've been told we can be compensated but only when VM have found the problem and because they cannot find it or rather they stop looking for it, we cannot have compensation, and now whenever I raise a complaint online they immediately close the complaint without replying.

I've tried the complaints process on the phone but after an hour of having us reboot everything we are told a manager will phone us back the next day and of course they never do - have tried 3 times.

I'm at a lose as to what to do?

Demand a deadlock letter and then escalate to the Ombudsman https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Thank you - I hope I don't have to go through the same process again to get the letter i.e. reboot everything 20 times even though they've proved they have a network issue 🙂

Hello lozcom2000.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear about the ongoing issue with your broadband service.
I'd like to take a look into this for you and get a complaint raised,
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L