cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting broadband

Tempy99x
Joining in

Hi I’m after some help. I’ve recently bought a flat and I’ve been struggling to get broadband. I’ve been asking neighbours who are in the street who they are with and practically the whole street is with virgin. Now I’ve tried to enquire about this but it says there services aren’t available with me now? Why would this be if the neighbours are already using there service. I’m on a busy main road with access and yet it seems like they have just skipped our flat when putting the cables down. Can anyone advise me on what to do? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Tempy99x,

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations you're having. 

Can you confirm if we have cabled your area: virg.in/checker

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi there

Happy to check this for you

Let me send you a private message for some details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tempy99x
Joining in

Hi I’m going through the same problem the street has Fibre installed but the flats have been missed out. The flats are only 2 stores so would virgin be able to fit the cables. Any advice would be great as we currently have no broadband as the speeds we can get are only 1-3 mbs 

Tempy99x
Joining in

Hi did you get this sorted as I’m currently going through the same problem I’m in a 2 storey flat with no broadband what so ever I can get BT but not fibre and for some reason they have me at a stupid cabinet and I can only get 1-3 mb. I’m desperate to get this sorted. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tempy99x 

Rather than create multiple posts across other threads asking the same question, I'd encourage you to take up Christy's offer of checking your circumstances over.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did and I got one reply from “Christy” asking me to find some info out which I did last Tuesday and got completely  ignored.

Hi Tempy99x,

Thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations you're having. 

Can you confirm if we have cabled your area: virg.in/checker

^Martin

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tempy99x,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'll try and get in touch with @Christy_D now for you, and you should receive a response shortly. Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning all!

Please accept my apologies for such a delayed response.

I have now replied to your message @Tempy99x, so please check your inbox.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Yes our street is cabled with fibre but the flats for some reason have either been missed or Virgin haven’t been able to get permission. On the virgin website It says we can’t get virgin atm but after speaking to someone from virgin on the phone they didn’t see why there would be a problem. They told me last week they would send someone out to have a look at the property. Yet not to my surprise no one has turned up I have rang multiple times and I’ve been hung up on could you please help. I have no broadband and I’m using 4g in a area where the coverage is terrible.