cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect App say rebooting hub but isn't

grahamdee
Joining in

Hi. The Virgin Connect app used to work to scan for blackspots. Now when I try I get one of two failures: It either tells me I am connected through an unknown access point or it fails when scanning and says it is rebooting the hub - but it isn't! I think the point at which it started to go wrong was probably when I removed my old boosters and installed two mesh boosters. Does anyone have any clues as to what I can do to get this working properly. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

The Connect App serves no logical purpose other than setting up the public Wifi hotspots.

Everything else can be done (more intuitively) through the hubs admin gui.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I used to find it useful for its wifi blackspot function, but it always fails now with the rebooting message!

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@grahamdee wrote:

I used to find it useful for its wifi blackspot function, but it always fails now with the rebooting message!

Any decent wifi scanner on your phone will give better information around wifi signals in the property and local area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @grahamdee

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Connect app.

Have you tried doing a scan without the mesh system in place? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill