cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband down in Newport

Kanela
On our wavelength

We've had no broadband for over 3 days.

After the first 12hrs, I rang VM and was told it was an area fault that would be fixed within 24hrs. Have received a couple of texts (last one over 24hrs ago) to say the fault repair was ongoing.

Both my OH and I mostly work from home and it's far from ideal having to hotspot from our mobiles!

Also, we obviously can't watch any catch up TV or stream without using even more data with an unknown end date

*The online service checker consistently says there is no broadband fault. I just dialled the service status number which also said there is no fault.*

Could someone from VM please give me an estimated repair date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's worth rebooting the Hub after a service outage. 

If you still have no service and the postcode check says there is no fault, phone Customer Service and report the fault and demand a technician visit.

For what it's worth you'll be entitled to compensation after the first two days. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's worth rebooting the Hub after a service outage. 

If you still have no service and the postcode check says there is no fault, phone Customer Service and report the fault and demand a technician visit.

For what it's worth you'll be entitled to compensation after the first two days. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kanela
On our wavelength

Thank you for your suggestion. Normally, I do reboot after an outage, but on this occasion, the VM advisor I spoke to told me to not reboot in any way before the fix was completed. Guess I'll be back onto them today...