cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why I am the Bill payer and yet the account name is in another

cm108
Joining in

I have had this account for 20 years and the bill is paid from  my account  yet the account name is in an unrecognisable name to which all correspondence is addressed I need this put right 

7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @cm108,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for any issues that you are having with your account.

I am struggling to understand your question, can you please tell me if you have an account with us but the name is incorrect?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the bills are being paid, I strongly suspect VM have little concern with who's paying them.

The fact that an account you're paying for, isn't in your name, is what I'd be concerned about. Is it "your" account for services at your home address?

Of course, I may have completely the wrong end of this stick.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have an account with virgin media which is paid by direct debit  but any correspondence or notifications are addressed to a DWEDJH  and when I have a query this is  the name on the account

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for telling me this.

Do you live with the person who's name is on the account?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have an account with you which I pay by standing order but the problem is that any other correspondence from virgin is addressed to DWEDJGH

and I am unable to get any assistance on this matter

Hi cm108, 

Apologies to hear that the account is not in your name. We can certainly take a look at this for you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @cm108

I just wanted to pop you a post to say thanks for coming back to me via private message with the information I needed. 

We have now updated the account with the correct name spelling so any future correspondence should be correct. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs