cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin have completely messed up up my account and I can't get it resolved

filthycelt
Tuning in

I have been with Virgin for 14 years but I think this might be the end of the line for me ...

I renewed my contract at the start of February 2024 for £81 per month.  After receiving the written contract, I decided to cancel the mini-box, taking the monthly payment to £76 per month.  All good.  The man on the phone stated that everything was in order and I dodn't need to do anything else.

It turns out that he cancelled the entire contract and (without my knowledge) I went onto a £175 per month contract.  Multiple phone calls later and I just cannot get this sorted.  To avoid me paying the wrong price, a Virgin employee cancelled my direct debit and I haven't received a bill - until the weekend when I got a final demand for £299!

Every phone call to Virgin takes 45 minutes or more.  No one can sort this out and I haven't had a response to my complaint.  I am going to have to pay the £299 as I need broadband ot work from home.  Honestly, it is farcical.

Has anyone else managed to sort out a situation like this and if so, how did you do it? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @filthycelt,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're so sorry to hear that there's been an issue with a recent package change and a disputed bill. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a few extra details to investigate. Please respond there when you can.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

neil100
On our wavelength

This happened to me many years ago , I had a faulty cable box replaced but they kept charging me for 2 , I got red demand letters and bill ended up being £100 of pounds a month, I was even cut off , made about 50 phone calls, they even sent a engineer to my house to count how many boxes and phone lines i had, he rang them back and said only one but they did not believe him their own engineer lol . A threat of legal action sorted it in the end , they knocked £2 off my next bill . Ask to speak to the manager and record the phone call first of all .  

@neil100 wrote:

This happened to me many years ago , I had a faulty cable box replaced but they kept charging me for 2 , I got red demand letters and bill ended up being £100 of pounds a month, I was even cut off , made about 50 phone calls, they even sent a engineer to my house to count how many boxes and phone lines i had, he rang them back and said only one but they did not believe him their own engineer lol . A threat of legal action sorted it in the end , they knocked £2 off my next bill . Ask to speak to the manager and record the phone call first of all .  

Sorry for laughing out loud at your serious post, but £2??? The price increase is more than that! 🙂

filthycelt
Tuning in

So ... 3 weeks later and still no resolution.  I had to pay VM £300 to avoid being cut off because someone put me on a £175 per month tariff instead of £76 per month.

I have raised a complaint with VM and they got back to me saying that they would correct my package price.  I responded immediately.  That was 2 weeks ago and now VM complaints has gone completely silent.

So, I am now having to make a complaint about VM complaints department.  I am also raising this as an issue with the Ombudsman.

Honestly, this company has disgraceful customer service.  I have been happy with the service over the last 14 years but this is the straw that has broken the camel's back. 

If @Zach_R could help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you for popping back to us @filthycelt I can see that you are in a PM with one of agents, please do pop back to them when you can and they will do all they can to assist further with this. 

Thank you.