cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in or register My Virgin Media account

njrich28
Joining in

I signed up for the Virgin Media broadband service last week. All the equipment has been delivered, installed and working fine with the broadband service itself. However, I'm unable to log in or register with My Virgin Media to manage my account.

I've previously had an account when I was a customer a couple of years ago, cancelled to move elsewhere with better customer service but have now returned (it's already starting to feel like a mistake).

If I try to register, using the link sent in a welcome email, after entering my email address it tells me "We're sorry to see you go. Now you’ve left us, we’ve closed your account and you can no longer register for My Virgin Media." and no further options.

If I try to create a new account using the link on the login page, after entering my email
"Oops, we've ran [sic] into a problem. Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)". Waiting a minute and trying again makes no difference.

If I try to log in to My Virgin Media with my email and previous password (saved in a password manager) it says "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again."

If I try to retrieve my registered email using the form linked on the login page, after entering my surname, account number and area code I get message saying "Oops, something's broken" and no other options.

If I try to reset my password using the form linked on the login page, after entering my email address (which I used to signed up for the service and you've sent all correspondence) I get a message saying "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media." and no other options.

I've tried all the steps above on a range of devices (phone, tablet, MacBook, etc) with the same results each time.

As far as I can tell, I've tried all options to resolve this myself but I think there's a problem with my account that needs fixing at Virgin Media's end (e.g. a missed tickbox to reactivate my account).

Having wasted over hour in an endless loop of trying to find any contact details to get someone to fix my account I've arrived at this community forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @njrich28,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am so sorry for the issue with your online account.

I will send you a private message now so I can raise this with the relevant team, please look out for a purple envelope. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Njrich28, 

Thank you for your messaging with us. I am glad we were able to raise a ticket so we can hopefully get this resolved for you. It can take up to ten days to resolve. If you have not heard anything by this time please pop back here and we can take a look at the ticket.

All the best, 

Zoie

Hi, is there any news on this? The issue is now over a month old and nothing has been done. I was told that someone would contact me and no one has. Will there be any compensation for the time I'm having to waste chasing this? Thanks

Hi @njrich28

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry it's took so long to resolve but depending on the complexity of it, this can happen. I can confirm there'll be no compensation as Online Accounts do not cost to have. I have checked the IT ticket for you today, they've advised it should be fixed, so please go ahead and try and register for the Online Account. Let me know how you get on. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thanks for your quick response.

The issue is not fixed - I still can't register or use the online management, I get exactly the same messages as above when I try to register and/or reset passwords.

Your response to my question about compensation has actually made me quite angry for two reasons. Firstly, the online account is not free; it's the ONLY way to manage the service for which I pay - it is part and parcel of the paid service. Not being able to use the online account impacts my ability to use the paid service. Secondly, it was my wasted time for which I was asking for compensation - my time is certainly not free.

I look forward to hearing from your technical support.

Thanks, Neil

Thanks for coming back to me, Neil. The online account is free, you do not pay for that, so there is nothing to refund against. 

I am sorry you're still having the same issue. I shall send you a PM and try and sort this out myself.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill