cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router

Caz42
Joining in

Hello, 

My router and quick start pack is due to arrive tomorrow (Wednesday 12th) but I haven't received any correspondence from you since the end of March. 

I haven't received a dispatch notice for my router tomorrow. Could someone please check that this will be sent out today? My order reference is 46750190 

Appreciate your help, thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Caz42 

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

The passcode the agents ask for isn't the same as your account password, it's the memorable word from when your account was first set up.

If you've actually managed to already set up /my-virgin-media  then you should be able to update the memorable word by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a Community based forum and not a direct VM contact as such.  It will take a few days for a VM Mod to respond.

If your need is urgent, you will need to ring VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks I tried calling and it keeps saying my memorable word letters are wrong and I can't get through to a person. So frustrating. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Caz42 

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

The passcode the agents ask for isn't the same as your account password, it's the memorable word from when your account was first set up.

If you've actually managed to already set up /my-virgin-media  then you should be able to update the memorable word by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave. I have my memorable word, account number etc all written down so I am pressing the correct buttons.  I wish you could just select the option of speaking to a person as it just redirects me to the app which can't answer my question. 

I appreciate you trying to help though, thank you 🙏

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Caz42 

have yuo tried the preinstalls number I gave? They are generally more helpful, especially with validation.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

I'm just about to try that number now Dave 🤞

Thanks