cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-contracted last month - will my bill still increase by £15 in May?

Smokey_Joe
Joining in

Hi!

I called Virgin on 150 last month to re-contract my package (they emailed to say I was out of contract), and got a reasonable deal starting 11/3/23.

Then on 23/3/23 I got a letter from Virgin saying my package was increasing by £15 a month from May 1st. Disaster! The savings I made by re-contracting are being eaten up by the increase!

Anyway, I called Virgin again on 28/3/23 to see if I could again change my package to save some money (I get M250 broadband, which of course could come down to I guess M125?), and the woman on the phone said I am not 'impacted' by this price increase, as I had recently re-contracted, and that it only really applies to people who are out of contract. She seemed quite adamant, and wouldn't take it any further than asking if there was anything else she could help me with.

Is that right? I'm not sure if I'm staying on my £77/month for 18 months (£85 thereafter) or if come May I'm going to be forking out £92 a month for my services.

Anyone have any help or guidance with this, or should I just try calling again and see what they say?

Thanks,

Smokey_Joe

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Smokey_Joe 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry for the confusion over the increase. From what you've said, it seems the price increase received was an auto-letter/email and based on before you re-contracted. Any re-contract should have the price increase either built in, or mean that you're not impacted by the May 2023 increase.

I will send you a PM now to confirm everything though. 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Smokey_Joe 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to get this sorted for you. 

Please do pop back to the community should you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill