cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Box

LegoPaulC
Joining in

I have and old TV Box it could be 10years or more old, i asked customer services last night how can i install the disney + app, i was told the only way i can do that is to have a new box  tv 360 box that would cost £10 plus Vat which is not a lot of money but seems a bit harsh after so many years with no upgrade 

Am i wrong or right 

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LegoPaulC 

If you've had your box for 10 years it sounds like you have the older Tivo box which is no longer sold by VM.

Disney + is only available on the 360 and the Stream box.

If your Tivo box breaks down it would be swapped out for the newer V6 box  which still runs on the Tivo interface. It does need a VM broadband connection (as does the 360 box) and has twice the recording capacity of the older Tivo. It's also faster and has a couple of extra apps, although Disney + isn't available on the V6..

The Stream box only works via VM broadband, it doesn't need a coaxial connection as all the channels are broadcast over the broadband connection.  You can only have one Stream box per household and it's not available with any other VM TV set top boxes.

You don't have  to regrade and agree to a new contract to switch to a 360 box, however there would normally be an installation or activation charge for swapping the box over.

If you did switch to either a 360 or Stream box then  you could negotiate a new deal at the same time  to possibly save money compared to your current deal, and as part of your negotiations insist on a free swap to the newer box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LegoPaulC wrote:

Ithat would cost £10 plus Vat which is not a lot of money but seems a bit harsh after so many years with no upgrade 

Very rarely have VM ever proactively replaced serviceable kit, unless there is a reason for it - such that it can't support a new service or network feature.

Think of TV360 as a complete change of TV box software, much the same way as Android is totally different to Apple. If Disney+ is important to you, then either non-recording Stream, or TV360 - are your only options.

Your alternative is to use a streaming stick of some kind, but that's not a VM service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LegoPaulC 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I will send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

thank you

Many thanks for the info

paul

Many thanks for the info

yours

Paul

Hi @LegoPaulC 

Thanks for joining me on PM.

Please do get the account holder to post on this forums via their own forum account and we'll be able to assist.

Alternatively, please get them to call us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and we'll assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill