cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving bills even though cancelled in cooling off period

mattbianco1
Joining in

This isn't about cable, it's about Broadband but there doesn't appear to be an account section on the forum?

I had Virgin Broadband installed on 21st March 2023 and had constant problems with it - disconnecting constantly etc. I spoke to VM a few times by Text, WebChat and phone call to try and resolve it, however in the end I cancelled on the 14th day - inside the cooling off period.

I was told that even though it was inside the cooling off period, i still had to serve 30-days notice. It was also stated that I needed to pay the bill and it would be credited back to me as i say, i was in the cooling off period. This was 4th April 2023

I was reconnected to BT Broadband on the 5th April 2023 and disconnected all virgin media equipment on that day.

I received a bill and paid this by direct debit - £57. The bill was £21 for April, £21 for May and £15 activation.

1 month later on 4th May i received another bill for £45 so i cancelled my direct debit. Why would i pay another £45 taking my total up to £102 when i cancelled, within my rights during the 30-day cooling off. They're saying it will be returned to me but it won't and even if it is, what's the point sending it for them to send it back?

I was promised that there would be no charges as i cancelled within 14 days, yet i'm £57 down and could be £102 down if i pay the 2nd bill for a service I haven't even used.

Any advice please?

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mattbianco1,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing this issue, in order for me to look into this for you I will need to confirm some information in a quick private message. If you have not used our private message feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Thanks. Joe

@Joseph_B

Resolved now. Bill has been credited. 

Thanks

Matt

Hey @mattbianco1,

Great to hear this, let me know if you need anything further and I can look into this for you.

Cheers. Joe