cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear of this, we don't have access to the installs system for details so it would be best to call on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 1. 

Thanks, Emily.

Hi Emily_G

Thank you for that.

To clarify, I am not requesting for an installation to be arranged via the Virgin Media Community forum (I understand that you do not have access to this). I am asking if my account could be updated to reflect that the "Pre-Pull" is complete so that the process can flow from there, because I was informed (by an individual after dialling the telephone number you provided) that this is the current roadblock to the entire process of events.

Alternatively, if you could provide me with contact details of the relevant department that oversees this, I could arrange this myself given this cannot be arranged on this channel.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As advised we don't have access to their systems so it would need to be done over the phone on the options outlined. 

Thanks, Emily.

Hi Emily_G

As stated, I understand that you cannot access the systems used for arranging an installation. I was hoping that there could be a more specific contact telephone number available for the department responsible for this particular issue?

Understood if you are unable to and if this requires escalation to senior individuals.

Thank you again for your responses.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The options when you call will take you to the specified team for installations.

Thanks, Emily.

Thank you, Emily_G.

I spoke to an individual based out of the Philippines, who arranged an engineer to attend at the property on Saturday, 20 Novemebr from 13:00 to 18:00. Please could this be checked on my account that this is all arranged? I was supposed to receive an e-mail / SMS stating that this is in place, but I have not received such a notification.

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Not a problem @KyotoRevolver 

I'll pop you a private message now to confirm the visit with you. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

I'm due to move into a new build home in a development in February

The developers have said the house will include wiring for Virgin media 

Do we have to pay a connection charge and how long does the process take?  Should we be starting the process before we move in? 

Nicole

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @NicoleA21 

I can take a look into this for you. 

I will pop you a private message so I can take a few details and see whats the best way to go around this.

We'll need to make sure the address is live and serviceable.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

EmmyLou86
Joining in

Hi,

I did post last month but it seems to have to been missed. I am due to move into my new build in exactly 2 weeks. I have been told that as of today my house is ‘build complete’ so I would assume all related wiring has been done. I was hoping to transfer my existing services here, over to the new property but the website says that the services are not yet available in the new area. Virgin are the only suppliers of broadband on the new estate, as far as I am aware, and all houses are pre wired for Virgin. If someone could take a look into this I would really appreciate it, I have tried calling the virgin new homes team but there is an automated message saying due to covid they have had to close so I’ve sent an email but have not received any response. I can provide the development details and the relevant address, if someone needs that, so if someone could take a look and investigate when the services are likely to be available that would be great. 

I would prefer not to have to cancel my current contract here which, I assume, would incur early exit fees to then have to ring back up and set up a whole new account.

As with the majority of people, in the current situation, I need Broadband in the new property ASAP to enable me to work from home.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Emma