cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved Home Disconnection Issues

citizensnips200
Joining in

Hi All / VM,

I've recently moved house and had a few issues with being disconnected. The new property was sorted by a VM engineer with internet working fine but with the web safe option functioning even with my account set to no protection.

According to the movers team my old address had not been disconnected and they would resolve that. This seems to have resolved the above issue but now my VM App  is showing my connection status as 'disconnected you have 90 days to copy account  information'..

Anyone experienced this before, want to make sure I wont have service interruption at my new address from a potentiall VM mistake.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi citizensnips200 

I hope you are settling in well at your new address.

You shouldn't have any service interruption despite the message in My Virgin Media.   

VM set up a new account when you move home.   It sounds like you are  using the same email address to log into My Virgin Media as you did at your old property. If so that probably explains the message

As part of the home move process VM can/should perform a move and transfer of your details across from the old account to the new one, so that when you log in you have access to the account for your new address.

You could call in and speak to the home move team and ask them to do this for you.

I suggest you wait a couple of days  and a member of the Forum Staff should pick this up for you and action the move and transfer

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi citizenships200,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issues you've had with the home move. 

I am happy to take a look into a move and transfer of your details for you. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin