cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payments - direct debit issue

k81
Joining in

I am absolutely fuming ive spent 2 months trying to set up a new direct debit with virgin and they never take the money and cut us off and charge late payment fees! they doubled our monthly bill without our knowledge and to be fair i didn't pick up on it till a few months after. They haven't said they would reimburse the money to cover ongoing payments, just add additional fees when they do not take the direct debit when the money is sat waiting for them! Richard Branson should be ashamed of what he created. Its an absolute mess of a company 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 REPLY 1

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi k81, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about the experience you've had here. I can appreciate that this must be frustrating - I am not sure why it would take the team 2 months to set up a direct debit, when you've spoken with them - what do they advise? As it should just be done there and then. The only time there would be a running ongoing issues is if it's cancelled from the payers side. The bill would continue to generate if no payment has been made, and this is something that can be done manually. 

In this situation I would advise for you to call the collections team direct - they would be able to make sure everything is where it needs to be in terms of the direct debit and any outstanding amounts. You're able to contact them on the number: 0345 142 4444. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.