cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed payment error on credit file

Ceecee100
Joining in
It has come to my attention that Virgin Media entered a late payment onto my credit file. This pertains to a resolved complaint that resulted in Virgin Media refunding me and issuing an apology, so I am astonished that you have damaged my credit score. I was also given no notice of a default payment so I only found out from my credit report. 

In brief: 

- I was wrongly informed by a customer care agent that my contract was being postponed for the duration of building works to our house when we would not be living there 
- the customer agent informed me that she would call me back if there was any issue but that she was going to sort it out and that my direct debit would restart in December when I returned to the property
- I later found out that I had been billed for this period and that I was in arrears 
- I complained to VM who apologised and refunded the amount to my account, as well as placing me on a new contract 
- I was informed a direct debit had been set up when it had not been

I am absolutely appalled to see that an error on your part has resulted in my credit file being affected and the potential impact this can have  on my future credit given that I have been a loyal customer to yourselves and would never jeopardise my credit profile by missing a payment or submitting a late payment- as you can see from my recent and historical statements.

Therefore I am writing this subsequent email as a formal complaint to yourselves to escalate this as a matter of urgency. I require you to contact the relevant credit agencies to have this removed from my credit file ASAP. I request that you come back to me within the next 24 hours to get this resolved or at least advise that you have taken action / steps to bring the matter to a close. 

I will escalate to the financial ombudsman if you cannot resolve this ASAP and have these erroneous missed payment charges removed from my file. 

I have emailed Virgin however I am not willing to wait for 21 days for this to be resolved .

Many thanks 
5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ceecee100 wrote:
I have emailed Virgin however I am not willing to wait for 21 days for this to be resolved .

There have been previous examples on this forum, of where people have active financial applications in-flight which are being directly affected by a credit file dispute - and therefore there is some justifiable urgency to their situation.

Does that apply to you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ceecee100

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 👋

I am so sorry for the poor journey you have had with us, I can look into this for you and will do my best to assist with this.

I will pop you over a PM, please keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @Ceecee100, I am glad I could help you with this.

Zoie

Unfortunately this is still showing on my credit report, despite Virgin’s promises to remove it within 14 days. 

The last day for this to be removed (day 14) is tomorrow. 
Please can you reassure me this will be done?

It is causing significant anxiety. 

Many thanks 

Hi @Ceecee100 

Thanks for posting. Any changes can take upto 30 days to reflect, this is also dependent on when the credit file statement is produced as well.

best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill