cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal action

Ange90
Tuning in

i have been with virgin since January last year I am still waiting for a refund for an unauthorized dd out of my account. Before I moved this year I had credit put on my account for delayed activation when I moved a whole new account was set up but the credit hasn't been moved. I've rang numerous amounts of time what's app and been told someone will contact me, still haven't heard from no one I've missed out on financial gain because I have no WiFi and it's affecting my credit score.

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Ange90 wrote:

i have been with virgin since January last year I am still waiting for a refund for an unauthorized dd out of my account. Before I moved this year I had credit put on my account for delayed activation when I moved a whole new account was set up but the credit hasn't been moved. I've rang numerous amounts of time what's app and been told someone will contact me, still haven't heard from no one I've missed out on financial gain because I have no WiFi and it's affecting my credit score.

To clarify, you had a credit on your old account. When you moved, VM set up a new account. VM did not transfer the credit to the new account and started taking direct debit payments for the new account (instead of using the missing credit).

You stopped the direct debit payments on the new account, while trying to get the credit restored to the new account. VM has now logged credit defaults against you for non payment and has cut off your connection.

Is that correct?

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ange90 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about this issue with a credit on your account following a move. However here's a couple of different issues you've mentioned here;

1) The issue with the missing credit for delayed activation on your current account. We will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can look into this for you! 

2) A new account being created when you moved. (This is always the case, as the account is linked to your address and so when moving a new one will have had to have been created). 

3) An issue with your credit rating. In the first instance we always recommend you log a dispute directly with your credit lending agency (such as Equifax or Experian). If they are unable to resolve this, you can then contact our credit file  amendments team via email creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who will look into things further for you and offer a response within 14 working days. 

4) You have no Wi-Fi. If you are having Wi-Fi issues it may also be worth having a quick look at our connect app 👉 https://virg.in/connectapp which will help scan your home for Wi-Fi issues and offer troubleshooting support or solutions if needed! 

I will send you a PM which you can find in the top right corner of the page 📩 In your Inbox to confirm a few account details so I can help offer support - and raise a complaint if needed. We can return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🌞 All the best. 

Molly

No, the first direct debit they took out was for the first account the created which was set up in the wrong address, I cancelled that direct debit but still haven't had the refund. They than created a new account with correct address but i had to wait months for the internet to be set up they have me credit for that, I changed address and and they set up another account but the credit wasn't transferred, my bill for January February and march has come saying I haven't paid which I shouldn't be because my credit should be on the account and my services have been restricted basically cut off 

I haven't received a personal message 

Marv147
On our wavelength

If VM have taken a Direct Debit payment erroneously then the quickest and easiest way to get your money back is to contact your bank and ask to raise a Direct Debit Indemnity Claim. You should then be credited by your bank within 24 hours. You are not legally obliged to contact VM before starting a DDIC and if your bank refuses to process it before you’ve contacted VM, complain to a supervisor and you’ll also be entitled to compensation from the bank for giving you duff advice.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ange90,

Thank you for coming back to us and sorry that you did not receive a Private Message! I've taken a look and my colleague did re-send the Private Message to you again yesterday.

You should be able to find it as a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Please get back to my colleague when you're available so that we can assist further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs