cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin

Bambalina
Tuning in

I've been with Virgin for over 10 years now and plan to cancel as the price rises are just too much for me- over £43 a month for broadband alone, nothing else!

I have found a company I would like to go with, but was wondering how long after cancelling do Virgin's services stop? I have a payment due out tomorrow and I know they have a 30 day notice period, so would this mean I would have broadband for 30 days, or would this be more seeing as my next payment after tomorrows, is in the 30 day time frame?

Sorry, hope that makes sense!

12 REPLIES 12

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Bambalina,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
Your Virgin Media services will stop at the end of your 30 day notice period, which started, when you raised your disconnection with us. Did the team advise any dates, when you raised your cancellation with them? As they should have advised, when the disconnection would go through. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

Thank you! 

I haven't gone through the cancellation process as yet- I was trying to get some info before I proceed with starting the cancellation as I was concerned about when to book my new broadband provider in as there seems to be a lot of comments about it taking a while to disconnect and people having to pay more..

I appreciate your response, thank you! 

You're very welcome @Bambalina, was my response ok for you or do you need any more information?

To cancel your services with us, you would need to call into the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or via WhatsApp message on 0730 532 7112, we cannot process any cancellations over the forums.

Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L

I have attempted to cancel via WhatsApp twice and have been kept waiting. After trying yesterday they messaged on WhatsApp basically asking me to re start the whole process again. I did this and again, have heard nothing since this morning. I’ve also tried calling twice to be left on hold. How can I cancel if no ones responding to calls or WhatsApp?!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bambalina, 

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing when contacting us via WhatsApp, we will get this flagged from our side. 

In the meantime, we would recommend giving us a call on the numbers provided by Steven to book in the cancellation.

We can be busy over the weekend so we would advise calling as early in the day as possible. 

Thank you,

Nat

@Natalie_L 

Thank you, I did try calling but was hung up on after 45 minutes of waiting to speak to someone. I’ll also tried to text the mobile number on the Virgin Media site but it doesn’t work- it says undelivered. 

I’m concerned that my notice period really should be 2 days ago, seeing as I’ve constantly been trying to speak to someone. Will this be taken into consideration? And seeing as this has been flagged, will my call actually be picked up? If I don’t manage to get through on Monday than what are the next steps? As it’s yet again a delay on my 30 day notice period. 
I did mention in the text that this is my confirmation of cancelling and if I don’t get through, I have no option to tell my bank to cancel the direct debit, 30 days from two days ago.

thanks 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM mobile to text is 07533 051809

You can also contct VM via  WhatsApp message on 0730 532 7112

Neither of those methods are instant and you could be waiting a few hours

It's best to call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 4 (thinking of leaving) but best to call around 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I’ve texted that number and I e also tried on WhatsApp twice- first time they left me until the next day, I then had to go through all the questions again to be left all day again. They then asked me the same questions again the next day. Going around in circles. Neither of those are routes that are working 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Bambalina,

I am sorry for the delay with our texting service, we are busier at weekend.

I would recommend calling us or texting us from 8am tomorrow morning, as we are do not normally process cancellations from this platform.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide