cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade speed to reduce costs

25northway
Joining in

Hello,

we have been given a new package with broadband suitable for a busy household with 10 devices. We would prefer to reduce our broadband speed as our household is small and not many people are using the broadband. Hopefully that would reduce the cost of payments each month. Can you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @25northway 

I've merged this new thread with your old thread.  You probably won't be able to reply to that PM now since iit was sent on 28th December 2022. You should still be able to read it though.

The forum format was updated last week and the red and white envelopes have now replaced the old purple envelope next to your user name. You should click on the red and white envelope instead to read that message.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 25northway,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I will be more than happy to look at things for you, so I can I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hello, I receive your message. Hope you can help.

25northway
Joining in

I posted a few months ago asking if is possible to downgrade our broadband speed to reduce the costs of our bills. I haven’t been able to read the message sent to me with advice on how to do this as to see the message I have been asked to click on a purple envelope next to my username. The envelope next to my username is red and white not purple so I’m confused! Hope you can help answer my questions. Thank you.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @25northway 

I've merged this new thread with your old thread.  You probably won't be able to reply to that PM now since iit was sent on 28th December 2022. You should still be able to read it though.

The forum format was updated last week and the red and white envelopes have now replaced the old purple envelope next to your user name. You should click on the red and white envelope instead to read that message.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello,

we have been given a new package with broadband suitable for a busy household with 10 devices. We would prefer to reduce our broadband speed as our household is small and not many people are using the broadband. Hopefully that would reduce the cost of payments each month. Can you help?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @25northway 

I'm afraid the forum team can't process regrades.

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed .

When you decide to renegotiate call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from ay other phone, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

Choose option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

You can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but phone calls take priority and these methods can take 4 to 6 hours, probably longer.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

25northway
Joining in

Hello,

Hi @25northway,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

It's a shame to hear that you're not happy with your current package. If you're looking to make a potential package change, it'd be best to speak with our retentions team. You can reach them by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline).

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!