cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems changing password

Solaris_Wave
Joining in

I am experiencing a problem with regards to my password for logging into my Virgin Media account. For some reason, the password that I had written down was no longer working. Therefore, I tried to reset my password. I received an e-mail link which took me to the page to reset the password. As I tried typing in a new password, it said that the password was invalid. I tried different characters and combinations and it always said the same thing (after a minimum number of characters were entered). In addition to this, I was unable to enter any characters into the second box/field ('Confirm Password').

Reading the forums, I see that this situation has affected others in the past. I couldn't see a posted solution. I had to phone up Customer Services (which in itself was awkward to find on the Virgin Media site, as it was hidden in a maze of FAQs) to ask them to change the password for me. While I am now currently able to sign into my account, I am wondering if I will once again have the same issue if I want to change my password in the future. Because of that, I thought it would be a good idea to create a new post, especially as it seems to be a common issue.

I am currently using an iPad Air 2 to access the site. I have the latest available operating system for the iPad. My browser is Safari (iPadOS version). I tried to use Chrome on the iPad but I experienced the same problem with the password. I fully expected this to happen as all browsers on the iPad have to be based on Safari, so they aren't really different. Also, I am currently unable to use a different system as I don't own any other, at the time of writing this. Therefore, I am unable to try a genuinely different browser.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Solaris_Wave,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to get into your Online Account due to the password you had written down not working and that attempts to change it have failed.

So I can help get this resolved by helping you change this and get back in I will send you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the invitation.

Regards

Paul.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your response. I will look out for your invitation.

Kind regards.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Solaris_Wave,

Thanks for coming back to us. I can see that you have responded to my colleague via Private Message. They'll be back in touch with you soon. 😊

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs