cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection process

SPL122
Joining in

Hi, don’t know whether anyone can help and put my mind at rest, I’ve decided to leave after 18 month of good services, rang the retention team gave my notice, having arranged to port my landline to new supplier, the person I spoke to appeared totally confused and tried to tell me I couldn’t give notice until after I port my number Which annoyed me but I accepted this, following day 4th May I get an automated email confirming my 30 day period for all services had been accepted and after the phone number has ported I’ll get a confirmation email, the port went through on Wednesday 17th, I’ve heard nothing since. Does anyone know how long I need to wait, 

5 REPLIES 5

dnpark38
Knows their stuff

Are you changing to another provider?

The system as always been for me to order the new service and that provider does the termination for you.  I have never told the present provider of leaving.  This way my new service start 14 days later and I was down a couple of hours and broadband and phone number again with same number.  Final bill then came to that change over date.

Open Reach FTTP via ZEN 100mbs

Hi yes new supplier for phone/broadband have done there bit and transfer is complete, I am now waiting for Virgin Media’s confirmation of termination date and final bill detail for Tv packages and phone , I just wanted to know how long I’d normally have to wait for confirmation, 

Hey @SPL122,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are leaving us, if you have called in and give your 30 day notice, then the period your account will close of is the 30 day mark, the number port would usually happen within this period.  Let me know if you need anything further.

Cheers. Joe

SPL122
Joining in

Hi Joe, just trying to get a simple answer, the person I spoke to in I assume an Indian call centre didn’t have a clue , I just want to make sure the process runs smoothly, but I don’t know the process, I have yesterday received an email saying my next payment will be taken on 6th June . This is after my contact will end, all I want is to get either a confirmation email of. Final bill & termination date. Or speak to someone who at least knows what they are talking about, 

Hey @SPL122,

Thanks for getting back to me, what I can do for you is invite you in for a quick private message to confirm for you if there is a disconnection processing. If you have not used our private message feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Cheers. Joe