cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cstewart52566
Joining in

Hi sorry if this is the wrong board, I wasn't sure where to post it.

I signed up via MoneySupermarket & the incentive was a £100 Amazon gift card. I got an email saying once the order is complete & Virgin confirm my order that I would get an email for the gift card. I still haven't received it & have spoke to an advisor on the online chat who said that the pre-installation team would deal with it. Spoke to them & the women told me to put in my online order number for Virgin into the Amazon website. I did this & it said it was invalid. I told the woman this & she just repeatedly told me to input the code & it's not Virgin Media's responsibility. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm seriously considering cancelling my order with how the issue has been handled, it's now been over a week & I've gotten nowhere with any of the customer services, I was even given a phone number to a call centre in the UK that is no longer open...

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Be very wary of going over your 14 day cancellation period !!  Once expired, you are in an 18 month Contract and it is a very heavy penalty to get out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @cstewart52566 

You will need to quote the following:

Order ref. WS[and 7 numbers] or CH[and 10 numbers] These details are usually found in the initial emails sent to you by VM. Check your spam/junk folders in case the paperwork is there.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @cstewart52566 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and thank you to our community members for their help so far. As this order was placed with MoneySupermarket they would be the ones that issues the voucher.

Have you been able to speak to them at all? 

Yes I emailed them & they said it wasn't their responsibility & to email yet another 3rd party who haven't gotten back to me. I can understand if it's through another company but the customer service o received by Virgin on the phone & on web chat was shocking & rude to say the least

I have the code but it says it's invalid. I only have the initial email with the link to join virgin. It states I should have received another with the gift card code once Virgin confirm my order. I haven't received one & the advisor for Virgin media has no idea what I was asking when I asked if my order has been verified to the 3rd party. I've been with Virgin for a week now.

Yeah at this rate I think I'm going to cancel. That gift card was a huge incentive to join as I've just moved flat so would have helped a lot. I also had a hard check on my credit report that I'm on this process of trying to remove. Experian agreed with me that it shouldn't have been done. I was also to pay an upfront fee even though my credit score was 60 points below "excellent" & the customer service has been shocking. I was sent a self set up package as it said my property was suitable, it isn't so I've now to wait on an engineer to come out. On top of that I was getting up to 5 calls a day everyday asking 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cstewart52666, thank you for all the posts and replies.

We're sorry to see your frustration caused due to this experience, we'd love to see how we can best assist with all the above.

Please, visit this page where you can find all our info and regarding gifts and vouchers as well as how to claim or how to get in touch if there's an issue.

In regards to the credit check with Experian, as you've addressed the issue to them they'll be able to take ownership and assist you with this matter.

We can confirm that any issues with deals purchased via 3rd party webpages are to be addressed to the seller as explained above, however regarding the voucher code issue this goes through our partner company that deals with those.

Lastly, we're sad to see how you feel about our offered support so far and we hope the above is of help.
However, if you're still unhappy and wish to raise a complaint about the customer service received we can help by logging this for you and see into reviewing the case internally.

Let us know how you wish to proceed and we're here to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs