cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit file arrears after dispute.

CaseySheargold
Joining in

Hello. 

A dispute surrounding a cheap phone that was sent as part of a contract, which was not wanted, has led to a failed payment and arrears on my credit file. 

I remember disputing this “gift” during the contract setup on the phone but it was assured that it just “comes with it”. 

when cancelling my contract I was subsequently billed for this low spec phone which I didn’t want, use or need. I felt like I had been set up and conned into accepting this additional handset. None of this was a major issue until recently. I payed the final bill which included the £100+ fee for this phone and forgot about it, vowing never to return to VM. 

Today I applied for a credit report where VM have put a mark on my file for failed payment. I payed this bill ant the time, possibly a few days late as it was under dispute at the time. 

I now require VM to remove this mark, as the bill was payed and was under dispute in any case. 

Any assistance in resolving would be appreciated before raising to the Ombudsman. 

Thanks and regards. 

Casey. 

3 REPLIES 3

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CaseySheargold 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your credit report and we would be more than happy to advise further. We would advise popping an email across directly to our credit amendment team to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk with your dispute, full name, former account number, address for the account, contact number and the company name used to view the credit report and they will advise further.

Thank you I’ve raised it to that email address.

Best regards. 

casey

That's great thank you @CaseySheargold please do let us know how things go with the team?

Thank you again.