cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 when setting up online account

Karendall
Tuning in

Can anyone help with the DEF01 error? 
I just got Virgin this week, I’m having no luck setting up my account. 
No one is getting back to me, and I think I’ll probably just end up cancelling, I’m still within the cool-down period. 
We’re still also connected to BT at the moment so that the changeover was supposed to be seamless. 
But I can’t even set my Virgin online account up and Im finding customer support frustrating already. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

11 REPLIES 11

Karendall
Tuning in

Hi, 

Just had my virgin broadband installed today and I’m trying to set up my account. 
I have verified my email but can get no further as I get an error code DEF01

Can you please

B9E9CE97-D4D5-4C05-9B65-73A0346FDD1B.png

help? 

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Karendall 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. Sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your online account as a new customer. We can understand the frustration caused. I can see you recently contacted our team regarding this issue. Are you happy with the resolution given by the team? Do you need any further help with this?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua_A no it’s still not resolved, if that’s what you mean? 

In this case, to best look into this, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

No worries at all @Karendall Glad to have been able to help 🙂 Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hello again, are you able to help with boosters at all for upstairs? We’re getting a really poor signal upstairs and my old BT black discs don’t work with Virgin 

Hi @Karendall 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. 

I am sorry to hear of any WiFi issues.

Please download the Connect App - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app 

When downloaded, you'll be able to do a wireless scan in the property.

This will check for any coverage blackspots and optimise the connection where possible. If not and a Pod is needed, you'll be prompted to order.

Keep us posted.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John thanks for replying. 
I do have that app and find it temperamental. When I scan upstairs I get the following error message … 

2785F7C2-91F3-4EEF-993D-7018B82BC804.png

Thank you for popping back to us @Karendall and we are so sorry to see that you are facing this error. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as clearing cache and data?