cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancellation

Ravibadina
Joining in

I am trying to speak customer service member from last 2 months. I vacated my property and wanted to cancel my account. I never saw this kind of worst customer service in my life. I am paying the bill with out using virgin media services. When ever I am trying to call it keep on ringing. Bill is getting generated every month. Your customers service people says transefering call again and again it will be like 5 hours.

Please let me know how can I cancel the account and stop generating bills. Please let me know if there is a way to proceed legally or complain to ambudsman.

Thanks

Ravi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Ravibadina Please let me know if there is a way to proceed legally or complain to ambudsman.

If after a postal cancellation as per @japitts advice, you still want to complain and take the matter further, then you need to start off with a formal complaint to VM (I suggest in writing, by recorded post as per the complaints policy).  Don't have very high expectations of this getting a good outcome, but it is a requirement before you can escalate the matter to the industry dispute resolution scheme CISAS.  That works like the Ombudsman in other industries. It isn't quick, and you must read CISAS guidance - normally you have to allow eight weeks from VM getting your complaint before you can go to CISAS, but it doesn't matter whether VM reject the complaint, lose it, or fob it off in that time.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-service 

Section N(1):

1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice.  You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:

1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/callcosts.  Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or

2. writing to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Ravibadina Please let me know if there is a way to proceed legally or complain to ambudsman.

If after a postal cancellation as per @japitts advice, you still want to complain and take the matter further, then you need to start off with a formal complaint to VM (I suggest in writing, by recorded post as per the complaints policy).  Don't have very high expectations of this getting a good outcome, but it is a requirement before you can escalate the matter to the industry dispute resolution scheme CISAS.  That works like the Ombudsman in other industries. It isn't quick, and you must read CISAS guidance - normally you have to allow eight weeks from VM getting your complaint before you can go to CISAS, but it doesn't matter whether VM reject the complaint, lose it, or fob it off in that time.  

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ravibadina,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm really sorry to hear of the journey you've had with trying to close your account down.

I would like to ensure that this is closed down properly for you as to avoid any further bills from us, as well as look into your complaints.

I'll just send you a private message so I can confirm some account details - please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide