cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Phone Adaptor

roybab
On our wavelength

I have been told to connect the adaptor to my hub and the other end to my phone.  The problem is the Hub is in my Study and the phone line is in the Hall.

My main cable goes from the street into a box on the outer wall of my house.  From there I have 3 separate cables that go in to the house at different places.  One into the Lounge for the TV, one into the Study for Broadband and one into the Hall for the Landline.#

Could someone please advise how I set this up, as there is no help on the Virgin Media site and there does not appear to be any options when I ring up to let me speak to someone on this issue.

A very confused Roy

95 REPLIES 95

Thanks for confirming @FrankieL  

Do you need to keep all your phones in the same place or are you able to relocate the main handsets next to the router to allow the landline and other phones to continue to work? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

The main base station where the phone line is plugged into needs to stay in the same place. It's at the front of the house and the router is at the back. It's not possible to run a cable inside the house - best solution would probably be to run a cable from the router outside the house 

Thank you for confirming @FrankieL 

We can look to see if we can rewire the home so that the phone line and equipment stays as it is currently set up, but this might need to be internally wired and may not be possible to wire externally. The technician will be able to confirm this at the appointment once they have seen what work is needed and if it is possible to rewire as you request. 

Alternatively, we can look to move the router to the main handset if this is more suitable for your in home set up. 

Let me know if these options are suitable for you and we can look to get this arranged. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi - the router can not be moved from where it is so it will have to be the first option please. Can you let me know next steps to resolve this asap - thank you

Thank you for confirming this @FrankieL 

We can look to arrange a technician to rewire, they'll be able to advise if your request to rewire externally can be done when they discuss this with you at the appointment. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thanks so much for joining me on private message @FrankieL 
I have now booked you a visit for rewire request– 

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change your appointment, please do let us know before 4pm the day before and we'll be able to get this rearranged for you.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley