cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 cant connect to the internet

caff6350
Tuning in

Hi, I have just upgraded to the new hub 5 via a contract update all with virgin. I previously had my a Ps5 connected via Ethernet cable with no issues. Now I can’t connect to the internet at all. 

On checking the connection /attempting to set up a new connection, the LAN cable is detected but says my ISP might be preventing 

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Check the PS5 network settings, what IP, Gateway and DNS is it using ?

Check the VM online account, make sure that Child Safe is still Disabled.

Hey there, thanks for responding. The IP address and DNS are set to automatic while a proxy is not in use.

I have tried the primary DNS 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4 but this wasn’t helping. The parental controls are not active. Through a hotspot a system update was completed to no effect. Additionally about every element in the network, which is an Ethernet connection has been disconnected, restarted, and reconnected.
additionally I’ve tried the same network wirelessly and it hasn’t worked.

Just thought I’d follow up. The problem has been solved, for some reason the device ended up on the MAC filtering list. It seemed to be flagged for as some kind of hostile network intrusion. Not really sure why.

If anyone has a similar issue I’d recommend going to the VM admin Hub and checking to see if a MAC address has been added to the MAC Filtering list. I can be found under Advanced Settings > Security > MAC Filtering.

Client62
Legend

Automatic can be the problem with a HUB 5, if its DHCP server is not working well it can deliver incorrect or no values.

Do and check - what IP, Gateway and DNS is the PS5 using.

The IP must be in the 192.168.0.xxx range.
The Gateway must be 192.168.0.1 - nothing else will work for a Hub 5 in Router mode.
The DNS - what are it / they set to now ?