cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS5 upload speed extremely low

tylerbxrnett
Tuning in

I’m using an Ethernet cable and bringing in 260-280mbps download speed but my upload speed struggles to go up past 4-5. I’ve tried a different Ethernet cable and it’s the same issue. This only started happening 2 weeks about but it makes playing online unbearable. Any suggestions? 

10 REPLIES 10

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tylerbxrnett,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

Just as a reference, I want to add our Speeds Explained page here so that you and other's can take a look at what you should be getting compared to what you're subscribed to. 

Another thing to check is the Service Status Page to see if there are any outages that could be causing a low speed at your address.

You can also use our Faults Diagnostics Tool on your MyVM Account to find out why your speeds are going so slow.

For now though, I'd really like to take a closer look into your services to check everything over, so I'll send over a PM now 🙂

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tylerbxrnett,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I was able to find the cause of your issue. 

I have had a look at your services on my side and can see there is an area outage, which is regarding an SNR issue. 

This is due to be fixed  - 25 NOV 2023 14:00 - But please be aware this is just an estimate, it could change depending on what the engineers find. However, I am sure they will be working incredibly hard to get this fixed as soon as possible for you. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience or disruption this may be causing right now. 

Feel free to post back on this thread or go to our Service Checker for any updates.

Thanks, 

Megan_L

I've been waiting for a reply for over a week with my issue that has still not been fixed even after an engineer 

Hi there @JamieB1 

I can see that our team responded to your post on November 15th but there has not been a reply, are you able to pop back there so the team can continue to take a look?

still massive issues with lag, status checker has been saying the same thing for almost a month now… 

Hi tylerbxrnett, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. I'm sorry to hear you're still having an issue with your connection. 

Looking at things this end, I can see the fault is still open. The new estimated fix time is showing as: 30 NOV 2023 14:00.

The outage is an SNR outage - SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system). The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates the amount of work required and the time frame for resolution. 

Hopefully there will be no further delays but pop back to us on the 1st December and we can double check the status of the fault for you again. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Still connection issues, haven’t had consistent upload speeds in over a month now… 

Hi @tylerbxrnett, thanks for reaching back out to us here. 👋🏼

We're sorry to hear about the ongoing issue with the broadband upload speeds.

After looking through the account we can see that the area fault has been extended in terms of its fix date, and the fix date is for the 5th of December as advised by the engineers for 9am.?
This is due to additional work needing to be done to ensure that the fault is rectified.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have recived no response on Nov 15th, I call up VM and all I get is do pinhole reset blah blah guess what? THAT DOES NOTHING it's getting a joke now the Internet goes down multiple times a day, with Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging and MDD errors along with hundreds of errors in the downstream a long with thousands of error is the post and pre RS of downstream.

VM has progressively gotten worse and I can't wait for my contact to be over