cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues changing the secondary account password

greysofa
Tuning in

Hi, hoping for some advice on how to change secondary account password. I cant find anywhere that says anything about profiles, I find Accounts and settings but can find no secondary accounts to change. This is Virgin making things easier. 

There should be 4.  Now I cant get into my Primary account as my secondary account has now changed to it and the passwords dont work. If I change the password my Primary account comes back but the secondary account stops working then and so it continues visa versa. What with all the different  generated security mail apps each time I have done it and the constant clicking on pictures my head is going in circles. I just want my Primary account back to normal and my secondary account working. Nothing technical though as I am 77.   Many thanks if you can help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @greysofa

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the issue with your account(s)

I'll drop you a private message now to confirm some more details and investigate further - please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@greysofa wrote:

Hi, hoping for some advice on how to change secondary account password. I cant find anywhere that says anything about profiles, I find Accounts and settings but can find no secondary accounts to change. This is Virgin making things easier. 

There should be 4.  Now I cant get into my Primary account as my secondary account has now changed to it and the passwords dont work. If I change the password my Primary account comes back but the secondary account stops working then and so it continues visa versa. What with all the different  generated security mail apps each time I have done it and the constant clicking on pictures my head is going in circles. I just want my Primary account back to normal and my secondary account working. Nothing technical though as I am 77.   Many thanks if you can help. 

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @greysofa

Thanks for posting on our community forum and so sorry to hear about the issue with your account(s)

I'll drop you a private message now to confirm some more details and investigate further - please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs