cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntlworld.com emails not downloading

chrisgallagher
Joining in

three days ago my Ntlworld.com emails stopped downloading on my Macbook, sometimes they arrive in the inbox then immediately disappear but most of the time they dont arrive, I have checked my webmail and they are not there either. Any help would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello chrisgallagher.

Thanks for your first post on our community.

Sorry to hear about your emails not appearing on your Macbook. 

Can you please if possible check your storage is not full on webmail.

Are you able to send emails okay?

Gareth_L

chrisgallagher
Joining in

Hi Gareth, thanks for getting back to me, Storage not full only 28mb of 25 gb, I can sent emails and receive spam emails. I spoke with the help desk on 20th Sept, they escalated it to the next level, they couldnt understand it, they said someone would ring me on 21 Sept but on the morning of 21st my emails returned but only for a day and they have gone down again. I know ive got mail as my email address is forwarding my mail to my gmail account.

chrisgallagher
Joining in

I have two Ntlworld email addresses both are not receiving.

Vinegar
Up to speed

For them not to be in the webmail interface, and specifically your statement that ‘sometimes they appear and immediately disappear’ is suggestive, that your email account has been compromised and a rule has been set up to forward all emails to some other address.

Log into the webmail interface and check the settings to see if any such forwarders have been created, if there are, then delete them and immediately change your account password!

No  forwarders, changed password a couple of days ago. This is happening to two different addresses.

chrisgallagher
Joining in

Can anyone help?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrisgallagher wrote:

"No forwarders,"

But then in a later post you said

"I know ive got mail as my email address is forwarding my mail to my gmail account."

So you do have forwarding set in your Ntlworld account. 😉

Just a thought but have you checked in the Auto Forward settings of your Ntlworld webmail account that you have the box ticked to "Keep a copy of the message"? See below.

If that box is not ticked then it could explain what you are seeing with emails disappearing from your Ntlworld account but arriving in your Gmail account with no problems.

AUTOFORWARDVM EMAILS.png

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

chrisgallagher
Joining in

Hi, keep a copy is ticked.

chrisgallagher
Joining in

Another poster ask me to check my webmail settings to see if any forwarders have been created (in case a rule had been setup forwarding my emails.