cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email re downloading after deletion.

proud1
On our wavelength

I am using windows live mail to access my emails but since yesterday everytime I log on and check for new emails it starts to download thousands of them which I have already deleted. Is there any way I can stop this happening as its filling my inbox up and its going to take me ages to sift through them to delete again.  Im using POP3.

TIA 

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@proud1  The final version of Windows Live mail was released by Microsoft in 2012 and no longer gets updated.  There have been numerous posts on this forum with similar symptoms that you describe.

The best way to resolve this is to stop using WLM and change to an supported email client such as Thunderbird or Bluemail.  Others are available as well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Proud1, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that this is happening. Can you confirm if updating the password changes anything? 

Please see the following link here

Kind regards, Chris. 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @proud1

Further to the fantastic Graham_A's post, have you had chance to follow the advice offered?  Please do get back to us with any updates.  You may also wish to check the link my colleague provided.

Regards

Lee_R