cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Outlook e-mail error (0x800CCC1A)

Mark26
Tuning in

Like many users here I too am now having issues with this, nothing has changed my end to cause such a thing.
Monday the 15th April was the last day I was able to receive e-mails on my client.

I use Outlook 2007 and Windows 7, Nothing change my end, no Windows or Outlook updates so that rules out a change to either OS or the program. No settings were changed by me.

This then indicates that VM has changed something on their end, That they have not communicated any upcoming changes or acknowledged the current problem is frankly appalling.

17 REPLIES 17

Update: I also tried creating a new account for an @virginmedia.com address from my Outlook 2010 email client & allowed it to search for the server settings online. I got the message "An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available. Click Next to attempt to use an unencrypted connection." I clicked Next and that didn't find any server settings either.

I then went through the steps to manually configure the settings as specified on VM's How to manage my email account  page and when I tested the settings I got error messages Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server and Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server.

So it looks like it's now impossible to use POP3 with Outlook 2010. Could someone from VM please confirm whether this is the case or not?

Thank for all that information @kay999 

This is a known issue that we have been raising at our side. 

I have also passed on the information provided here, so thank you for taking the time to post to let us know. 

The team we'll investigate this and we'll update as soon as we know any further information. My apologies for any inconvenience caused at this time.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Mark26
Tuning in

@Mark26 wrote:

Like many users here I too am now having issues with this, nothing has changed my end to cause such a thing.
Monday the 15th April was the last day I was able to receive e-mails on my client.

I use Outlook 2007 and Windows 7, Nothing change my end, no Windows or Outlook updates so that rules out a change to either OS or the program. No settings were changed by me.

This then indicates that VM has changed something on their end, That they have not communicated any upcoming changes or acknowledged the current problem is frankly appalling.

Now working again, Happy it has finally been sorted.

Not sure what has happened in the background but mine is all working fine again now.  Guess virginmedia have reset something that triggered the issue.....

Wey-hey! I'm very happy to report that all is now thankfully working again as before.
So thank you very much - you got there in the end!

😀😀😀
Kay

Thanks for confirming @Mark26 👋🏼

I'm glad to hear that the email are working now!
Do reach out to us in future if you need assistance and we'll support where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey @Melvinho1968 I'm glad to hear the emails are working now!

If you ever have any other queries in future - reach out to us and we'll assist where we can. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Appreciate the update @kay999 🙏🏼

I'm happy to hear that the issues with the email have been resolved.
Should you ever need any assistance in future - let us know and we'll assist where we can. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team