cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails sent but not being received by recipient

Clive53
Tuning in

Always been able to send emails without an issue, however over the last 6 weeks to which I know, email to an address ending Sky.com have not been recieved by my friend, yet I can receive theirs.

Today I found that sending an email to myself from virginmedia.com to icloud.com is not recieved or shows in spam.

why am I having this problem?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

22 REPLIES 22

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Clive53,

Sorry to hear that you have been having email issues. Can you confirm if the messages are still in the outbox or do they show as sent?  Also can you confirm if you are sending emails using our webmail services or are you using an app?

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi,

I am sending from a Virginmedia.com email on my Desktop pc also tried from my ipad. Emails sent to a sky.com and icloud.com email address show as sent and delivered, but do not show in recipients mail box or spam. Yet they can send to me. Any ideas ? Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Are these emails sent via webmail or 3rd party client, such as Outlook etc? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, sending from my Virgin Media account. Thanks

Hi Clive53, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and confirming you're sending the mail directly via your Virgin Media mail account. 

Is this happening for all emails that you send or only the 2 addresses you've already mentioned? 

Can you try adding the email as a safe sender and sending another test email to see if this is received? 

Let us know how that goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi thanks for reply,

Can receive emails from Sky.com and icloud.com, but they cannot receive new or return mails direct from my Virgin media account.

re your suggestion, I have had an email sent to my Virgin Media email from gmail.com which was received, in return a reply was sent back to gmail,com, that was received.

Problem remains, sky.com and icloud.com email recipients cannot receive my emails.

Thanks for your help, Clive

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Clive53,

thank you for your reply, can the Sky and cloud receive emails from other email accounts such as your Gmail? 

So we can narrow down where the issue is.

Zoie

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me,

Yes you are correct, emails can be received by recipient if sent by gmail.com, but not by Virgin media.com.

Thanks Clive

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply, 

What is the subject matter you are sending?  Does it contain any links?

Or does it not send no matter what the context?

Zoie