cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails missing since Monday

Debsxx
On our wavelength

I am only receiving some emails, I sell online and only half the emails are arriving, just bought something on Amazon and no email? Ntl account but not all emails here, a few came in late but a lot missing.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mrwhitti
On our wavelength

Same problem here , emails over the past 48 hrs have been arriving late , sometimes hours later & some are not arriving at all

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

Debsxx
On our wavelength

I have this same issue, eBay sold items on same day some emails come through some don’t plus Amazon just made a purchase, no email!! 

StevePF
Tuning in

same problem here, not been geting e mails from things listed and sold on ebay, only geting a few e mails come through

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Debsxx

We're sorry to hear of the email issues experienced, we appreciate the confusion and concern this can cause and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

We aren't currently aware of any known email issues, can you confirm if this is happening across multiple devices such as PC/laptop and mobile devices? We have help here for managing your email accounts.

Rob

Debsxx
On our wavelength

it’s on all my devices, I bought something off Amazon yesterday and no email, I bought something off Vinted yesterday and the email arrived today not instantly as before. I have saved watches on eBay that usual email me approx 20 emails daily when stock arrives to now only receiving 3 or 4 not the usual 20. Something is going on ??

mrwhitti
On our wavelength

Same problem here , emails over the past 48 hrs have been arriving late , sometimes hours later & some are not arriving at all

AndyHenderson
Joining in

I'm seeing multiple bounces on emails sent to NTLWorld accounts. They all show the same "Message expired: unable to deliver in 840 minutes." error.

Messages sent use DMARC, DKIM and SPF. The messages are not spam and sent to members who have requested them.

For example, I got this bounce message from Amazon Web Services:

{"notificationType":"Bounce","bounce":{"feedbackId":"010b018f67ca9d4c-f756af4c-1e5f-4cef-bd1f-2ec1ed06b054-000000","bounceType":"Transient","bounceSubType":"General","bouncedRecipients":[{"emailAddress":"Graham Anderson ","action":"failed","status":"4.4.7","diagnosticCode":"smtp; 550 4.4.7 Message expired: unable to deliver in 840 minutes."}],"timestamp":"2024-05-11T13:14:42.000Z","remoteMtaIp":"84.116.6.18","reportingMTA":"dns; d218-1.smtp-out.eu-west-2.amazonses.com"},"mail":{"timestamp":"2024-05-10T22:36:04.640Z","source":"Andy Henderson ","sourceArn":"arn:aws:ses:eu-west-2:658229544723:identity/portsmouthctc.org.uk","sourceIp":"82.165.84.93","callerIdentity":"root","sendingAccountId":"658229544723","messageId":"010b018f64a632a0-2da72ef1-b2ea-44ab-8da6-319f5a9bcfa2-000000","destination":["Graham Anderson "],"headersTruncated":false,"headers":[{"name":"Date","value":"Fri, 10 May 2024 22:36:04 +0000"},{"name":"From","value":"Andy Henderson "},{"name":"Message-ID","value":""},{"name":"X-Mailer","value":"PHPMailer 6.9.1 (https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer)"},{"name":"MIME-Version","value":"1.0"},{"name":"Content-Type","value":"multipart/alternative; boundary=\"b1=_wxNfqdlCrshykVN0MEsgO5lNKuSKIdL2bCmgJEPQAQ\""},{"name":"To","value":"Graham Anderson "},{"name":"Subject","value":"PCTC Update - 10 May 2024"}],"commonHeaders":{"from":["Andy Henderson "],"date":"Fri, 10 May 2024 22:36:04 +0000","to":["Graham Anderson "],"messageId":"","subject":"PCTC Update - 10 May 2024"}}}

Likewise!

Over the last few days I have noticed that emails are not arriving in a timely fashion; if at all - I have little confidence that all emails sent to me are actually reaching me, delayed or otherwise!

This is particularly frustrating when trying to access accounts that use 2FA with codes with expiry timescales as the email with the code does not arrive in time.

As such, Virginmedia's email system is actually preventing me (and no doubt many others) accessing important accounts, including my Bank and Credit Card providers!!!

@Robert_P You say: "We aren't currently aware of any known email issues"... Well, perhaps you should read your Forums then as there are plenty of reports!

I don’t know what else is missing but why if eBay send me 20 messages are say 5 coming through only? Virgin need to address this as there is clearly an issue

Debsxx
On our wavelength

It shows this is happening to many people, virgin media sort this out please!