cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not receiving with Outlook - connection error's

DoctorBobP
Tuning in

Been using Outlok for ages with no problems at all, then yesterday it suddenly stopped collecting emails along with the 0x800CCC1A error message.

I can send but not receive mail.

iMap works fine on my phone and Ipad.

I followed other replies and set up the App Password thing but it made no difference, still giving the same error message. Yes the user name and settings are correct, as they have been since forever, yes my phone has the same exact settings that have been since forever (Imap incoming and smtp outgoing)

Yes there is no malware or virus's

Is there any problem with the mail server? Web mail works fine.

Any help appreciated.

Bob.

33 REPLIES 33

Look - I have had the same issue since Monday.  Unable to access virginmedia mail via WLM. No previous problems - on other devices it work ok but not on my PC.  Error Message (as reported by others)

ERROR MESSAGE

Unable to send or receive messages for the Virginmedia (JOHN DOE) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Virgin need to just sort it out.

Thanks for reaching out to us @Wilub on the forums page.

Can you confirm that the email is working on web mail?
Are there any issues there or are they just on Outlook alone?

Let us know. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Simon55s
Tuning in

This hasn't worked for a over a week, using Outlook. 

Thanks for your reply.

I can access all my email on the Virgin Website and also on my Samsung Phone and on my Apple Ipad.  The platform that has suddenly stopped working is my Windows Live Mail on my PC.  Never had any problems with it before, it just started coming up with that error message (see previous post) in respect of my 2 Virgin email addresses, last week?  There have been no configuration changes on my PC - my Gmail account works fine.

I'm running Windows 7 with Windows Live Mail. The solution that has worked for me was to install Stunnel (TLS proxy).
I can send/receive to the VM servers with no issues.

Thanks for the offer Gareth, but that is one of the problems!!! I can not login to web mail, or my account. If I do the forgot password thing, it still doesn't work. Same with the SMTP email server, it gives encryption error contact your email providor. I'm using Outlook 2013.

The IMAP server works fine on my phone, the outgoing SMTP email server works fine. I use a prog called 'Mailwasher' that downloades mail headers, that works fine so the password is working, its just the actual messages that won't download. Its now been not working since Monday evening April 15th, that will be TEN days tomorrow

Bob.

Sticks
Dialled in

I believe someone gave a technical reason, involving encryption and operating systems out of MS support as to what has gone wrong, but that post has been deleted.

What was the issue with it? Is it an issue that VM can fix? I still need to be able to download VM emails on my 8.1 auxiliary laptop, via Live Mail.

I wonder how long this post will stay up.

Email just started to work, after rebooting PC, so I guess someone from VM has sorted the problem, pity it took so long. Using Win 7 and Outlook 2010 didn't make any changes to my email settings.

Has just started working normally again this morning.