cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not receiving with Outlook - connection error's

DoctorBobP
Tuning in

Been using Outlok for ages with no problems at all, then yesterday it suddenly stopped collecting emails along with the 0x800CCC1A error message.

I can send but not receive mail.

iMap works fine on my phone and Ipad.

I followed other replies and set up the App Password thing but it made no difference, still giving the same error message. Yes the user name and settings are correct, as they have been since forever, yes my phone has the same exact settings that have been since forever (Imap incoming and smtp outgoing)

Yes there is no malware or virus's

Is there any problem with the mail server? Web mail works fine.

Any help appreciated.

Bob.

33 REPLIES 33

Had the same problem (see error message below).  Mine has also now started working normally again this morning - I am also using Windows 7 and WLM and didn't make any changes to settings.  It has just started working again after about a week?  Perhaps someone at Virgin has finally spotted the problem and has now fixed it. 

ERROR MESSAGE

Unable to send or receive messages for the Virginmedia (JOHN DOE) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

After much time with customer service, They had one fault which is from email when sending by web page. They sorted that out and the first problem existed. Then finally this morning all emails started working again normally today.

I can only assume VM or the 3rd party Comcast have found what they done and corrected someones error.

Same someone from VM or comcast come forward and explain what happen. 

jtwn22
Joining in

Yes finally fixed now. Might not change broadband supplier now 🙂

Sticks
Dialled in

In other news, the notifications for these threads keep going into the spam folder on my Virginmedia Webmail