cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not receiving with Outlook - connection error's

DoctorBobP
Tuning in

Been using Outlok for ages with no problems at all, then yesterday it suddenly stopped collecting emails along with the 0x800CCC1A error message.

I can send but not receive mail.

iMap works fine on my phone and Ipad.

I followed other replies and set up the App Password thing but it made no difference, still giving the same error message. Yes the user name and settings are correct, as they have been since forever, yes my phone has the same exact settings that have been since forever (Imap incoming and smtp outgoing)

Yes there is no malware or virus's

Is there any problem with the mail server? Web mail works fine.

Any help appreciated.

Bob.

33 REPLIES 33

techweb
On our wavelength

Gareth - If you look over the forums you will see many complaints regarding SMTP server issues. They are all related. Please PM me for further info.

Still no email via Outlook 2010, using Win 7 Pro.

The TV signal is fine, web access fine, can access email via VM log in.

There are others with the exact same problem posted under 'Email not working since 15/04/24'

Outlook and email settings have not changed for years so i'm sure they are fine.

ChrisK_0-1713449935109.png

Gareth

This sound like the problem I am having on Windows Live Mail 2012, with my Windows 8.1 laptop, on which I get

Unable to send or receive messages for the Blueyonder.co (g.stickings) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Strangely, my Windows 10 laptop, which is at 22H2 is not having this and is also uses Windows Live Mail 2012.

I started my own thread on this here

CWILLS
Joining in

I have exactly the same issue. With my email stopping at the same time.  Virgin Media must have made some upgrade which is affecting some of their users. 

My email client is Outlook 2010, so interested to know if it could be related to this. WebMail works fine but I need to use outlook and havent the skills to update. I also have a third part domain so interested to know if there is anything in common with others experiencing this issue. Please let me know if anyone gets their issue resolved and if so what the issue is. I am hoping my outlook will just function again but its been 4 days now.  I can send out emails but get the same 0x800CCC1A encryption method. So some help would be appreciated. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately this current issue appears to be affecting email clients that do not support TLS 1.2 such as Outlook 2010.  It isn't yet clear whether VM Mail has turned off access via TLS 1.1 by design or by accident.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Look - I have had the same issue since Monday.  Unable to access virginmedia mail via WLM. No previous problems - on other devices it work ok but not on my PC.  Error Message (as reported by others)

ERROR MESSAGE

Unable to send or receive messages for the Virginmedia (JOHN DOE) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Now as a long standing customer who pays Virgin a lot of money each month for a range of services - I want this resolved now,

ok

Graham, I beg to differ. I have, like many other people been sufferering with this problem since midday on Monday. I enabled TLS1.2 three years ago when its use was mandated by another email service provider I use (who did inform me of the change before they made it). Outlook 2007, never mind 2010 does support TLS1.2, as does Windows 7, though for reasons best known to Microsoft you do have to modify the registry to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2.

Clearly something has happened at the Virgin Server end. I have reset My Virgin media password and password for individual email accounts. I can access all my Virginmedia email accounts via My Virgin Media or on my Ipad or Android phone. But when I try on my PC (which where I most use it and store archived copies) I continue to get the error message: Ox800CCC0F - this is unacceptable, had no problem before using my Virgin email with Windows Live Mail. Why can't this be sorted PDQ.

wombatsteve
Joining in

Bit late to the party but I have the same issue - Outlook 2010, same error etc but trying on a different system with Outlook 365, works perfectly so maybe its a security thing and we've been 'obsoleted' by VM - would be nic if they told us though rather than just cutting us off!

Will be interesting to see if a reason is forthcoming 

Could you pleas try sorting out the issue loads of people (customers) are still complaining about!!

Clearly something has happened at the Virgin Server end. I have reset My Virgin media password and password for individual email accounts. I can access all my Virginmedia email accounts via My Virgin Media or on my Ipad or Android phone. But when I try on my PC (which where I most use it and store archived copies) I continue to get the error message: Ox800CCC0F - this is unacceptable, had no problem before using my Virgin email with Windows Live Mail. Please sort this PDQ