cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing log in email address is impossible

JB83
Joining in

Hi

Virgin media tells me that I need to change log in email address in order to receive a new app password.

When I try to edit the address it goes back to the screen informing me that I need to change it, and so on and so on.....

I can see that other people have reported this problem but I can't see that any solution has been posted.

14 REPLIES 14

notsonewuser
On our wavelength

The VirginMediocre email  mess continues...

I've now concluded Nathan_B is a scammer not a VM employee.

I have signed into the account and tried to change the virgin mail password.  It asks for a non-virging email account (I have now set this up).  I have offered this into the system and received an email to acknowledge this.  When I click in the email to "verify email address", it takes me to a sign-in page after which I enter the email and password (same as before) then it tells me the email has not yet been verified.  Huh ?  Not sure how to progress.

I log in with the problem account details.  I go to account settings and try to change the password for the webmail.  I have entered a non-virgin email address.  I receive an email with link to "verify email address".  This link takes me to a sign in page.  I enter the password (same as before).  It then says "email not yet verified".  I cannot understand what I am doing wrong, or what else I can do.

Sometimes it does say that message even know the email has been verified.

Have you tried to login since this or not?

If not please try to login.

Let us know either way. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I am replying to Zach under a different discussion - "forbidden emails... AGAIN!!!"  I just want it sorted, but it is tedious.