cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into my emails

sheenaA
Joining in

Hi I have tried to log into my emails on my new laptop but keep getting a message to say my email address or password isn't correct. I only have access to it now on my mobile phone.

I have tried to reset the password but every time I try a new one it keeps telling me it isn't accepted. 

Please could you help me sort this out.

Thank you in advance.

13 REPLIES 13

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sheenaA,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with signing into your email address. 

To confirm, is this a Virgin Media email address you are trying to access?

^Martin

Hi Martin

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes it is, I've used it for years and never had any issues. 

I've got the app on my phone which is logged in but I can't access it on any other device because it requires me to log in.

Many thanks 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us sheenaA,

Just so we can investigate this matter further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain

Apologies, I couldn't see any purple envelope icon.. I meant to come back to you but completely forgot. I have been struggling trying to access my inbox without any success. I have put auto forward on my emails and they are coming to my Gmail account but I only any from April 2023 onwards. I really do need to get into my inbox directly to be able to forward all my historic emails. I have once again phoned one number after another, I've been on the phone for almost an hour this evening with no resolution. The emails are coming to the virgin.net address so I know the account is active.

And now I have found your message!! 🙁

Thanks for coming back to the threat @sheenaA.

Please by all means drop my colleague a response and they'll be on hand to assist further with this matter for you.

Do feel free to come back to the message boards if you have any alternate issues.

Thanks,

David_Bn

I did but nothing has come from it

Hi SheenaA👋

Sorry to hear you are still needing some support regarding your email issue! When did you most recently get back in touch with us via PM? It may be worth sending another just in case! 

Whilst you are awaiting further support from my colleague it may be worth just checking through the following;

1) You have an active My Virgin Media account 👉 virg.in/myVM set up for each email address you want access to. This is to ensure that you are able to generate 3rd party app passwords to use the email in clientmail apps such as 'outlook', 'Thunderbird' or 'Applemail'. If you don't have a My VM account set up for the email address - please set one up. You can do this on the login page by registering. You can find more information about managing your account via My VM here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-my-account - including instructions on managing your accounts (checking for any Administrative users and secondary My VM users).

2) If you haven't tried resetting your password, please also do this! It's advisable to run a full anti-virus scan on all devices linked to the account ahead of doing this. If you have concerns you have been hacked or that it is no longer secure please make sure you have a look at this help page 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/security/why-is-my-virgin-media-email-hacked and follow any instructions on securing the account. You can also find more information on managing your email account here 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

Hopefully this information will all prove useful, and help you access your account. However, if you are in need of further support and have been speaking to us - please return to let us know you are still having issues! We can then offer support. If the above steps don't fix your email issue it may be that we need to take a closer look at the account to investigate, or get a ticket raised with our IT team. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🌞

Molly

Thank you Molly for your reply.

I've never had an active account with virgin, just an email address. I've tried registering for an account but it's been unsuccessful each time.

I've tried to reset my password, it won't accept anything I try to put in and I don't have any viruses.

No one seems to be able to resolve this problem. The email is still active because I have auto forward set up but as this was only available to do from my mobile device, I could not go further back than when I discovered this was an option (last April).

I'm not able to log on to my desktop, if I could, I could go back to the very first date I set up my virgin.net emails address and all would be fine.