cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I get into my deceased mother's email?

uruchiwo
Joining in

my mother died 4 years ago almost and I want to get into her old email bc there was some photos she had on there in her drafts n stuff. I don't know the password but I know the address for the email. is there anything I can do to crack the password or something, especially with how long it's been

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is the email address still associated with an active VM broadband subscription/package?

You can check that by logging into the primary 'My VM' account and seeing if the email address you want access to is listed among the secondary email addresses.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi uruchiwo

Thank you for your post, a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

As goslow has asked, is the email account attached to an active broadband subscription with us, do you know? If the account is attached to a former account with us, it is most likely that the email account has now been shut down, we're sorry to say, as email accounts not linked to an active subscription are deleted after the 90 day mark of the subscription ending. However, sometimes it can take much longer than this until they are deleted.

Beth

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What happens if you send an email to her address? If it bounces back, it's definitely lost. If not, the staff might be able to belp

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.