cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyounder email Unable to log in

AndrewMc1
On our wavelength

Hi 

Just upagraded my Iphone. I use Outlook to access my emails, i cannot load my blueyonder email, it says Unable to log in etc etc. Everthing it correct and works perfectly on my old phone with same settings?

Thanks 

Andrew 

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM have introduced security for new devices.  You will need to setup a new password to access your email on the new phone. Best to migrate away from any ISP email service and use a non ISP email provider, e.g. Gmail or Outlook.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AndrewMc1
On our wavelength

Thanks, but i wont be getting rid of my Blueyonder email any time soon. 

AndrewMc1
On our wavelength

I have set up an new email, but nothing has changed, i still cant access my blueyonder email account on my outlook app on my Iphone?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you gone through the process to generate an app password to use with the email client on your new phone?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

hI Graham_A,

this seems to work on the main email address, however, if you have or had other email addresses associated with  the account, they do not appear in the list when you attempt to change password.  The email addresses show in webmail but they are flagged as having issues,, it's the issues we need to get fixed asap...

GDCZUK_0-1716283280968.png

Thanks for coming back to us @AndrewMc1.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to follow the advice offered by @grahama to generate a new app password?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GDCZUK wrote:

hI Graham_A,

this seems to work on the main email address, however, if you have or had other email addresses associated with  the account, they do not appear in the list when you attempt to change password.  The email addresses show in webmail but they are flagged as having issues,, it's the issues we need to get fixed asap...

GDCZUK_0-1716283280968.png

Each email address now has its own My VM account
Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.
Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.
If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password
If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs