cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing email via gmail

damian_burrin
Tuning in

Ive always accessed by email @ntlworld via gmail on my mobile phone.  But yesterday it just stopped.  Im no longer recieving email via tbe gmail app.  My account details are correct and im getting no errors.  I can send emails but not recieving any of the new email.  I can see from my desktop pc that i am getting new mail as it appears in outlook but nothing is showing up in gmail.

Thanks

Damian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mykol
Up to speed

UPDATE: Google have released an update which appears to have resolved the issue...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

damian_burrin
Tuning in

It would appear that Virgin have made some changes that are starting to filter out.  It looks like i now need an app password.  I've set this up and all is functioning again.  It would be nice to be warned of these changes.  My wifes email is still working without the app password but i guess i best set one before it stops working.

damian_burrin
Tuning in

Great now its stopped completely and i can only access my email via the webmail!!

Mykol
Up to speed

@damian_burrin and others... This is most likely a Gmail App problem, not a VM one…

The Android Gmail App was very recently updated.  Since then there have been reports of some users being unable to sync with their non-Gmail email servers (various vendors, not just VM).

This has been reported to Google Support by users and already escalated to the concerned Gmail team. The team wants relevant details specific to this issue, so for others reporting the same issue be sure to submit feedback directly to the concerned Gmail team via the Feedback option in the Gmail Android mobile app. This process also includes relevant device, browser, app, and OS details as well to best help the team. The team is known to read all feedback submitted to them, although they may not respond back unless they desire additional information related to the topic of your feedback. The purpose of sending Feedback is to also give the team a measure of the volume of users being affected by an issue or requesting a particular feature. 

Uninstalling this update appears to the only persistent solution until Googe provide a fix: after providing Feedback to Google via the App->Feedback option, you can uninstall updates via Settings->Apps->Gmail->Uninstall Updates. Hopefully Google will provide a more permanent fix in due course.

Mykol
Up to speed

UPDATE: Google have released an update which appears to have resolved the issue...