Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Outlook failure to sync

I have hotmail, gmail, virginmedia and ntlworld email accounts. The hotmail and the gmail accounts work but the virginmedia and the ntlworld accounts show "Syncing..." and never seem to sync. I'm getting very disheartened with these ongoing email pro...

Andy_Kay by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Only Main E-Mail Address Working

Hi all,I have one main Virgin e-mail address and seven others that I access from the main one.  This is so I can use the others for different things.  It saves me having to log in to each one separately, given the hoops that Virgin makes us jump thro...

polly43 by Up to speed
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email still down (:

Please29/06 Received email to inform me that email service would be unavailable to me between midnight 29/06 till 6AM the following morning while essential work was carried out. Today 02/07 at 7PM I can still not log into my email accounts using my e...

Andyboyo by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virginmedia & Blueyonder emails not showing now i thunderbird

Since your email upgrades I cannot view my emails in Thunderbird folder.But i cant  see them when i open the folder - the VM server keeps timing out, so i can only view my emails if i log into VM email now so is this problem going to be fixed as im n...

bubblefish by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cant access email

Hi I am unable to access my virgin media & blueyonder emails accounts as it is saying account authorisation error. I work from home so need access to my emails. Can anyone help me get this sorted. Thanks so much. 

emails nor sending from pc

I can't send emails from my pc on my ntlworld account. I get a long error message. I seem to be able to send from my ipad. How can i fix this please.

ejmor by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Blueyonder Email, Windows 11 & Outlook 365

Having issues with emails.  I've installed Windows 11 onto my system as a fresh install so setting up emails again.  When I try and setup the imap settings for email it is rejecting them saying it can't communicate to the server.The system is connect...

Very confused re email Sat 1st July '23

VM site urged me to change password yesterday to try and combat issues but neither work. I phoned tech and was told they hoped to get things back p by late evening Friday. Today found webmail now back on Android this morning, BUT no webmail connectio...

bjc47 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

connection to server imap.virginmedia.com timed out

Hello,For the last few days when I have clicked on Get messages on my laptop I receive the note on the bottom left corner of my screen which says "Connection to the server imap.virginmedia.com timed out". The emails then come in as a group. Today I h...

Cemb by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos