cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help request

Slicksville
Joining in

Hi , my tv has been down for hours it says cs2004 and wifi 

Virgin customer service said it’s only a problem with mine , and a technician can’t come till Wednesday! 
apparently as I’ve someone that works from home if I pay an extra 6 pounds a month I can get a technician as priority tomorrow! But as I can’t afford to pay extra I’ve to wait , so my daughter who works from home will have to take unpaid leave until it’s sorted .

On the phone it’s apparently an issue just at mine , on the service checker it says in the area ? 
any clue which it’s likely to be ? 

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is the actual error message showing on the service checker?   Is it the message, "You may find they are getting ES073 error code(s) on your TiVo. Please DO NOT Reboot your TiVo at this time. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible."  If so as per the online message it is only affecting tivo set top boxes. 

You don't have a tivo box as your error message code is CS2004 which only affects the newer TV360 and Stream set top boxes and is usually caused by loose cabling see /tv-error-codes/tv-error-code/cs2004 

Looking at a previous post of yours < here >  it would appear that you have two 360 boxes - does the CS2004 error message appear on both 360 boxes, and if not have you tried swapping them around to see if it clears that issue, or if the fault follows the box?

Have you tried calling the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061?  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level than the online checker.

What are the lights doing on your hub3? See the section  <Understand what the lights mean on the WiFi Hub>  which may help.  Is it all internet connections having the issue, or just wireless connections?  Have you tried a pinhole reset of the hub? 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali