cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 boxes being updated to 360

chops
Well-informed

Is there an end date when everyone has to change from the TiVo platform to 360 ?

36 REPLIES 36

chops
Well-informed

Had a call today saying the box needs to be upgraded to 360 and a new remote will be sent out. I said I don't want to upgrade due to loss of recordings etc. but was told the changeover will happen after 2 months regardless ?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I know no such date has been set.  Indeed there has been no indication that current V6 users will be forced to make the change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Who was this call from, what was the CLI?

Converting to TV360 is entirely voluntary at present.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

That's interesting as I had a call from VM today (sales team ?) wanting to send me a new remote and change to 360 but when I declined I was told I only had 2 more months of the V6 then it would be required to change....

Call was from VM in Scotland ? Sales team ? 080018364xx

They wanted to send me a new remote and changeover to 360 but when I declined I was told I only had 2 more months of using the V6 software then it would be required to change....

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Interesting developments.

Outbound calls don't surprise me, saying that neither do over-zealous agents advising that converting is compulsory.

It's not if you don't want to. If you do, calling into 150 is probably as good a method as any.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

From a sales or upselling point of view are there more services to sell to 360 users than V6 ?

roy247
Community elder

Is your current contract due to expire in 2 months.

No, recently renewed.